www.castinstyle.co.uk would just like to wish all the best to Eddie and Dan today as they set off for a 50mile trek as part of their Duke of Edinburgh Gold award. Although cooking with cast iron is recommended for camp fires and camping, were sure in this case the pair of you have enough to carry. Cast iron might be great for camp cooking but maybe not for the backpackers eh? So we know you’ll be looking for some of Mum and Dad’s good home cooking when you return and have had your fill of protien bars. So we’ve put together some griddle recipes to temp your taste buds, cooked on the griddle to add a bit of extra iron to your food and give you some of your strength back. http://www.castinstyle.co.uk/product.php/378/0/griddle_pan
Rump Steak Cooked in The Griddle Pan
1 rump steak, salt and freshly ground black pepper, 3 tbsp Greek-style yoghurt, 55g/2oz cheddar cheese, grated, plus extra for sprinkling, 3 tortillas, handful of coriander, chopped ½ red pepper lime wedges, for garnish. For the sour cream1 lime, juice only85g/3oz Greek-style yoghurt, salt and freshly ground black pepper, handful of chives, chopped.
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Preheat an oiled griddle pan until it is very hot.
2. Season the steak with salt and pepper and grill for two minutes on each side until the steak is medium rare.
3. Leave to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing diagonally into strips.
4. While the griddle pan is still hot, grill the red pepper for 6-8 minutes. Slice into strips.
5. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the yoghurt and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Place tablespoon of chopped coriander in the centre of a tortilla.
7. Arrange a few strips of beef and grilled red pepper over the coriander.
8. Dollop with a spoonful of cheese mixture. Roll up the tortilla to wrap the filling.
9. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
10. Drizzle the tortilla wraps with a little oil and griddle for 1-2 minutes on each side.
11. Sprinkle with some grated cheese and place the griddle pan into the oven for 3-4 minutes to warm through.
12. Make the sour cream by combining the lime juice, Greek-style yoghurt, salt and pepper.
13. Serve with the warm tortillas and lime wedges. Garnish with chopped chives.